Up until a few minutes ago, I'd been feeling pretty foul today...not sick so much as cranky. A combination of a totally gray Monday combined with a heavy work load and all the depressing news of late (Scores Dead in Italian Earthquake! Binghamton Shooting Rampage! Dad Killed 5 Kids Because Wife Was Leaving! Media Witness Solemn Return of Fallen Service Member! etc.) had me blue most of the afternoon. Fortunately, however, someone just sent me this clip and I now find myself grinning from ear-to-ear. Seriously, watch it and thank me later.
And in keeping with the theme of the Sound of Music song featured in the clip, here are two sucralose-sweetened recipes that will come in handy the next time you have a hankering for tea with jam and bread. Enjoy these Splenda recipes!
Vanilla Chai Latte
1 cup 1% milk
2 spiced chai tea bags
2 packets SPLENDA® Flavors for Coffee, French Vanilla
Pour milk into microwave safe mug. Add tea bags. Heat until hot. Allow tea bags to steep for 4 minutes and then remove. Stir in SPLENDA® Flavors for Coffee, French Vanilla and sprinkle ground cinnamon on top if desired.
Mixed Berry Jam
6 cups fresh raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
3 cups fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 cup cold water
1 (1.75 ounce) package no-sugar-needed pectin
1 pint blueberries
1. Combine raspberries and sugar in a heavy bottomed pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Boil 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Mash strawberries with a fork or potato masher.
3. Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and strawberries to raspberries. Stir constantly and boil over medium-high heat for an additional 10-15 minutes.
4. Pour cold water into a small saucepan. Whisk pectin into water, and let stand 2-3 minutes. Allow the pectin to absorb the water.
5. Boil water and pectin, then stir into fruit mixture and reduce heat to medium-low. Add blueberries. Simmer and stir for 5-6 minutes, until pectin is thoroughly blended with the fruit.
6. Freeze in sterile canning jars.