|You go, Jennifer!|
And the Calorie Control Council has some predictions on dieting and healthy eating in 2012:
1. More focus on farm to table: Trying to buy local products and cook seasonally.
2. Branching out and trying more international types of foods: food choices will be influenced more often by other countries and ethnic cuisines.
3. Trendy exercises: In terms of exercise, the “barre” exercises will become more popular – with an emphasis on strengthening and lengthening muscles, taking a cue from ballet and dancer type exercises.
4. Calories count: According to the CCC, eighty-two percent of American adults consume low-calorie and sugar-free foods and beverages, to reduce calories and cut back on added sugars in their diets. That number will increase as more low-calorie products and recipes are introduced to the public.
5. Family meals more in vogue: Due to the economy people are eating out less and there will be more of a focus on nutritious, easy recipes that can get to the table quickly, but still bring the family together on a budget.
And just in case, here's some helpful tools to keep you on track with your "lifestyle changes" this year: