|photo by Angela Schmeidel Randall|
Cantaloupe Banana Sorbet
- 1 small cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients.
- Process until smooth, then scrape into an ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions. Or scrape into a shallow metal pan, cover, and freeze 4 to 6 hours.
- Break mixture into chunks and pulse 10 to 20 seconds in food processor or just until no longer chunky and somewhat creamy in texture. Freeze up to 1 month. Pulse briefly in food processor just before serving.
Icy Lemon Sorbet
- 4 cups boiling water
- 12 packets SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS™ No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 lemons (for optional decorative serving)
- 8 sprigs fresh mint sprigs
- Combine boiling water and SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS™ No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber in a large bowl, stirring until dissolves; cool slightly. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan; cover and freeze.
- Cut tops from lemons; remove pulp. Set aside.
- Remove sorbet from freezer; let stand about 10 minutes. Scrape sorbet surface with a spoon; scoop or spoon sorbet into lemon shells or into small serving dishes. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.